Democracy should not be a privilege, but a given.
In these rocky times, it’s our collective duty to stand up for the oppressed abroad and ensure that our democratic institutions don’t backslide at home. Some say that these things are easier said than done… but that’s not the point: all of us can do something for freedom, today.
Join us to stand up for democracy and rights, and have fun along the way! More details below ⤵️
DEMOCRACY & VENEZUELA | EVENT APRIL 5TH
Join us for a conversation on the state of democracy in Venezuela with Manuel Avendaño, the Director of the International Office of President Guaidó. This event will take place on April 5th at 6 pm UK time (1 pm Caracas Time).
Together, we will discuss how the legitimate National Assembly and the internationally recognized president of Venezuela - Juan Guaidó - can lead the country out of the current political and economical crisis. Register here, and send us some of your questions ahead of time!
DONATE TO STAND FOR DEMOCRACY
From Myanmar to Hong Kong, from Venezuela to Russia, authoritarian leaders are cracking down on democracy and rights. We have been working tirelessly to create a League of Democracies at the upcoming G7 meeting so that world leaders can act in unison to protect freedom fighters & democracy.
Two weeks ago, we launched a crowdfunding effort, asking people to support our work for democracy so that we get to continue mobilizing people and lobbying for freedom. We already fundraised $6,560, and are $18,440 away from our goal. Every single $ count. If you can, please help us!
RUN FOR FREEDOM
By the way, have you heard? We are organizing a #RunForFreedom event to support our crowdfunding efforts: From April 2nd to April 9th:
- Run as many kilometres as you can,
- Donate to our crowdfunding campaign, a dollar per kilometre,
Then, share a picture of your run, tag as many friends as kilometres you run, and ask them to donate and run!
- Example: “I just ran X km to support @now4humanity’s work! I’ll now donate X $ here: https://www.now.world/democracycrowdfunder. I nominate the following X friends to do the same. #RunForFreedom”
- Fireside chat: to thank those that contributed financially to the movement, we are glad to propose our first virtual fireside chat for Red, Blue, and Black members only! This event will take place on Tuesday, April 6th, at 2 pm London time, and will last approximately one hour. Register here.
- “Vaccines are the way out of the pandemic” by Naima Mohamed (NOW!’s leader in Kenya): ”I believe donation or charity by organizations or developed nations won’t be enough and would take long. What we need is for pharmaceutical companies to give local companies licences and technology transfer, so that they can produce the vaccines locally”. Read Naima’s full article here.
Thank you for taking the time to stay up to date with our work! We hope that we can count on your support in our crowdfunding efforts:)
Andrea & Colombe, for NOW!